|Our mess during the planner meetup.|
- 1 dashboard
- 1 Audrey Hepburn paperclip
- 1 set page flags
- 2 ephemeras
- 1 pre-cut sticker sheet
Disclaimer: I wasn’t compensated to write this post. I purchased from them and this post reflects my personal opinion and views about their shop and their products.
- I muted a destash/selling group on Facebook. January 31st, I muted two groups on Facebook. I did this so I won’t feel regretful on embarking on this challenge while seeing “wantable” things. It did actually help but I got tempted to check on both groups once or twice – but I didn’t buy anything!
- I dared myself to enter book stores and supplies sections and not buy anything. In other words, I tortured myself. I stood in front of all the paper and pen supplies and tried to examine them. Now, the heartbreaking part was some of the items I checked were really cheap. I realized that if I were to give in and buy them, I would be cheating myself and the challenge I tried to take. Besides, just entering book stores or supplies sections makes me really happy. It was really fulfilling to be able to realize that I can actually control myself.
- I took note of the items I wanted to buy and made a list of it. I didn’t actually go on a window shopping spree for this. I have a lot of Facebook friends that are online shops and I just didn’t want to unfollow them. But I didn’t really check out their profiles religiously. So what I did was, whenever I saw an interesting item from a shop or an Instagram account posting about it, I tried to list it down. I did this so I can revisit these items and shops this March and to give myself time to contemplate whether it’s really necessary or not. Guess what? I actually erased a lot of items from that list because I knew it was just out of impulse. This list gave me something to look forward though.
- I asked the shops/people if they can reserve the item(/s) for me until March. The really nice thing about the planner community is that they’ll totally understand you when you tell them you’re on a No Spend Challenge. I was able to reserve items from three shops and they were really kind and supportive.
- I made myself busy with other things. Being idle means more time to shop or check out online shops. So instead of focusing on searching for items I can possibly buy, I made myself busy. Tried to draft all blog posts I need, decorate my planner, create my own inserts, talk with my friends, and simply just enjoy life.
(The .png file is in A4 size already.)
Welcome to my first ever shop feature! I’m planning to make it as a monthly segment for me to feature shops that you can visit for your planner needs! For this month, I’d love to talk to you about Filofax Domino (or commonly known as @chrisella09 on IG).
Before, I actually used my Louis Vuitton dust bag to protect my Phasma but it was such a hassle for me since I had to fold the sides of it for it to fit in my bag. So you can only imagine the relief I felt when I got these!
I actually ordered five items from her: two planner pouches (one pocket size, one personal size), two zipped purses (pocket size), and one planner pocket (personal size).
For Padme’s planner pouch, I love that it fits perfectly even with a bit of allowance. So when she’s extra chunky, she can still fit in it. I actually chose it and the purses to be in gold polka dots just to go with the color of my Padme.
I’m really satisfied with my orders from her and I highly recommend her to any planner girl who’d love to purchase their own!