TPJ Craftie Pick is an avenue for The Paper Junkie to feature fellow planner/journal girls and let readers get to know them better through answering a couple of questions!
For the month of October, let’s get to know a fellow Filipina planner/crafter who’s well known for her creative clips and stickers. I have purchased from her once already and I can say that she is one of the kindest and most down-to-earth planner girl and seller I know (virtually, well, I haven’t really had the chance to talk her personally but I sure hope I can soon).
This month’s Craftie Pick is Ade Singson, planner and crafter girl, and owner of My Purple Attic.
Get ready to know her better!
- Hi Ade! Tell us a few things about yourself.
- Hi! I’m Ade, a wife, a mom (to a 14 month old little boy) and a crafter/planner by heart. I love crafting and planning which I only get to do during my free time or at night since my day is usually spent taking care of my little man. My favorite color is purple (any shade) but the colors pink, mint, and gold will always hold a special place in my heart. I also love shopping (a lot!) thus, I hoard (a lot! and I’m not really proud of it).
- I have always been a planner user. I started using ring binders way back in college. Then when the use of technology like mobile phones kicked in, I dropped having a physical binder to keep track of my schedules – until I realized that I’m really better off writing everything down on paper than typing it in my phone. Writing things down make me remember things better. Thus, my love for planners was rekindled. I started creative planning three years ago and my love for it hasn’t died down. I guess it’s my love for crafts and being able to incorporate my creativeness into my spreads made me decide to pursue creative planning.
- What are the benefits of it to you so far?
Whenever I sit down and decorate my spreads, I get to have my “me time” and get to destress and relax a bit. I usually tinker with my planners when my little man is already fast asleep. This way, I get to have my quiet time and just get lost in my little world of washi tapes, stickers, stamps, colorful pens, and inks.
- There are A LOT of creative and amazing planner girls whom I follow on IG, but since I started around 2013, these are the girls who have inspired me to get hooked and love the world of planners. I enjoy not only their planner spreads but also their creativeness, craftiness, and amazing IG photos 😉
- How many planners/journals do you currently have? (If more than one, please specify what each planner/journal is for and explain how you manage to keep up with it.)
- I currently have 2 personal/medium planners (a Filofax Purple Malden and a Kikki.k Perforated Mint). A pocket Filofax Ochre Malden. 2 Midori Traveler’s Notebook (Brown and Blue), a Happy Planner, a pink jeans Pelledori and a collection of cloth doris 🙂
- Filofax Purple Malden (Personal) – My Purple Malden is my main planner. It is the only planner I really use. It keeps all of my schedules, appointments, daily activities, shop sales, as well as my family’s activities. It’s my go-to planner. But since I already carry a lot of baby stuff in my bag, I don’t usually bring my purple Malden with me.
- Filofax Ochre Malden (Pocket) – I use this as my wallet. This is where I put all of my expenses, IOUs, To buys and notes. I have this with me everywhere I go 🙂
- Happy Planner – I started using the Happy Planner when it was first released. I used it to keep happy memories of my growing little man. But after a few months, I just had to ‘let it go’ since the space won’t allow me to put in all the photos I want to include. I still have my Happy Planner with me but it is now kept on my shelf with just a few months of memories in it. I have since then moved on to Project Life to document my little man’s growing up years.
- My TNs and doris – I haven’t really used up all of them. They’re just on my shelf. Some of them, I use to keep swatches of my ink pads (haha!). I was supposed to use my Blue Midori for the travel logs of my little man but failed 🙁 I know I have to start using them sooner or later.
- I’m more of a functional/simple planner. I don’t really put in a lot of designs or decor on my spreads. I get dizzy and confused if I do and I find it hard to find/spot what I’m looking for (haha!). I like my planner pages to be simple and straight to the point. Others might find it boring but it has been working for me after trying different styles. I usually put minimal decor on my pages, fill them in with my schedules and if space permits at the end of the week, I just add more decor to prettify my spread 🙂
- Top 3: What are your top 3 planner essentials?
- These are the 3 items I will never get too much of :
- Washi Tapes
- Clear Stamps
- Paper Clips.
- A Personal Filofax Aqua Malden
- A Sizzix die-cutting machine — I know. I know. I want it but I know I don’t need it coz I already have a cutting machine. I just love how Jennifer Mcguire uses it. She’s my inspiration when it comes to crafting 🙂
- More COPIC Markers!!! – Yes, I know I just have to have more of them 🙂
- For you, what is planner peace?
Planner Peace is when you finally tell yourself — “I’m happy with the planner I have and it will take awhile (or never) before I get the itch again of buying another planner which I want but don’t really need” 🙂
- This is a super hard question for a hoarder like me!!! If there’s one item I can’t live without… maybe it’s my clear stamp collection (plus my inks, of course, coz without my inks, there won’t be any use for my clear stamps, haha!). Why? — coz I get to use them, both for my planner spreads and my crafting projects. As I have said, I’m a crafter and a planner by heart 🙂