TPJ Craftie Pick is an avenue for The Paper Junkie to feature fellow planner/journal girls and let readers get to know them better through answering a couple of questions!
Howza! This month’s craftie pick is a very kind and down-to-earth planner girl I “discovered” through Instagram. I love how she reaches out to planner newbies (like I once was before!) and encourages them. She’s one of the most approachable planner girls I know that’s why I really wanted to feature her!
I’m sure you’ve seen her get featured on various shops and have admired her spreads like I always have! The Craftie Pick for July is Eraizza Reyes!
- Hi Eraizza! Tell us a few things about yourself.
- For most people, I go by Eraizza, but feel free to call me Rai. I am a nurse by profession and it takes me 8 to (a whopping) 16 hours a day to save lives. I’d rather date my dog and/or my planner than socialize. Lol.
- I guess you decided to be inspired by others and returning the favor, working hard on your weekly lay-outs; keeping the surprise in each unique design you can come up with (of course with a couple of hours of contemplating which washi goes well with this ephemera…)
- What are the benefits of it to you so far?
- Planning can also make you giddy, temporarily forget about the toxicity level in the hospital you work in. Makes you feel inspired and at the same time good about yourself. Relaxes my mind to be able to squeeze out those creative juices waiting to be extracted (sounds gore… lol).
- @scrappinlove, @dedralong, @mygreencow & ofcourse @lionachinky
- How many planners/journals do you currently have? (If more than one, please specify what each planner/journal is for and explain how you manage to keep up with it.)
- I have two personal binder which I use depending upon my mood. It is my main planner which includes monthly, weekly, daily, notes and expenses tracker.
- A Webster’s Pages Traveler’s Notebook that serves as my memory keeper. It has pictures, tickets, tissues, receipts and some things that remind me of the event.
- DYL (Design Your Life) planners from cnsdesigns are my stay at home planners. I usually jot down random ideas on it.
- I don’t really have specifics when it comes to style, I just see to it that the colors complement each other. I try to keep it bright to keep me motivated in writing long lists. Also, I see to it that I allot an ample amount of space for endless errands & daily shenanigans.
- Top 3: What are your top 3 planner essentials?
- Unipin!! I just can’t function without those writing must-haves. Of course I can’t go without — stickers, ephemeras, washi tapes, and some cutesy stamps which I just recently found to be really helpful (Don’t judge, late bloomer here…)
- An A5 websters would definitely be my top 1, followed by a walk-in craft closet — I mean, name one planner girl who wouldn’t want that. And lastly, endless supply of craft essentials!
- For you, what is planner peace?
- Planner peace can be temporarily obtained, but let’s be honest here — we are almost always indecisive about our beloved craft stuff, may it be the planners or the itsy bitsy stickers we use to design our wo2p. But for me, planner peace is when you can go boasting (only to yourself!!!) about your final decisions which colors to combine or which stickers to use (even sometimes, to cover wrong writings hehe).
- Stickers!! Cause… can’t leave them, can’t live without ’em P.S Big thanks to my friend czarina sophiya for helping me out with these questions!