TPJ Craftie Pick is an avenue for The Paper Junkie to feature fellow planner/journal girls and let readers get to know them better through answering a couple of questions!
I hope you all enjoyed the first part of this series. For this month, our TPJ Craftie Pick is one of my favorite planner girls out there, Aina Reyes-Paco.
I *shamelessly* stalk her Instagram account everyday because I really love how she styles her spreads. It’s just so clean and so vintage-y that I always have to ask myself, “Why wasn’t I born this talented?” Her calligraphy skills always put me in awe and her feed is just so well-curated I wonder why Instagram hasn’t made her a suggested account yet!
I’m pretty sure you all would like to know about her already so I won’t be prolonging your agony!
- Hi Aina! Tell us a few things about yourself.
- People used to have the impression that I am anti social and a bit aloof… That did hold true until I discovered that there are pen gluttons and paper hoarders like me. I’m a foreign exchange trader by day and a wishful calligrapher the rest of the hours. I’m lucky enough to have a husband who pretends to believe me that almost all my planners are from giveaways. Hah!
- It has been a derivative of planning, journaling and calligraphy – it was more of continuing this than pursuing. I needed the pen and ink therapy because work has always been stressful.
- What are the benefits of it to you so far?
- I found patience that I never thought I had. My wallet is slimmer and sexier. Creativity lets me express what I think and feel without worrying about what other people will say.
- @thedailyroe and @plan2create
- How many planners/journals do you currently have? (If more than one, please specify what each planner/journal is for and explain how you manage to keep up with it.)
- DO I HAVE TO ANSWER THIS?!?
- Three (3) A5’s that are basically for planning and memory keeping. I have the option of bringing this everywhere I go or I just leave it at home.
- Eight (8) personal/medium – I bring everyday, depending on the mood and the color I want 😂
- Two (2) Midori Traveler’s Notebook – Weekly planning and weekly reflections and calligraphy
- One (1) Hobonichi Techo – Where the journaling happens
- I have always been the type to use typeface designs, maps and all things vintage. I like muted colors and simple geometric designs. I try to go colorful once in a while, muted florals would work but both combined – I will have a heart attack.
- Top 3: What are your top 3 planner essentials?
- My calligraphy pens and nibs, any planner with really good quality inserts and lastly, my washi tapes!!!
- Hmmmm… Wishlist…
- I have my eyes set on a Louis Vuitton Damier Azure in MM and GM. I just have to figure out how to have “won” these in a giveaway when I tell my husband.
- I want to replace my wall of finance books to art and design books.
- My own franchise of Hobby Lobby! Hah!
- For you, what is planner peace?
- Planner peace is a state of mind. Hah. I kid. Planner peace is having a planner that matches the theme of what I am wearing. But kidding aside, planner peace is within the inserts of the planner itself. I multitask when I use my planner. There is watercolor calligraphy, pointed pen, and even brush pens. Smooth buttery paper beats any brand of planner for me.
- Can it be two?! I guess you don’t have much of a choice because I’m still writing down 2!! Inserts or pages that are just oh so smooth and well laid out and my Pilot G-Tec in 0.4 in Black.